Adecco Newcastle are delighted to support our client in a search for a front of house school administrator.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Welcome and deal with visitors, current and prospective parents, pupils, and others in a positive and professional manner.
- Liaise with the Senior School Office and Bursar's Office at Fenham on a daily basis and maintain clear links, passing and gathering all necessary information for Junior School.
- Maintain the School diary and calendar. Assist the Head Teacher to collate 'Week Ahead' information.
- Open mail and distribute to appropriate staff on a daily basis. Prepare internal and external post to be sent daily.
- Answer the telephone and being the first point of contact for parental communication.
- Operate the security gates for vehicle and pedestrian access.
- Undertake general office administration tasks, including filing, photocopying and other reprographics, and secretarial work.
- Arrange transport for school trips, sporting fixtures and other events.
- Maintain a list of clubs operating within the School and sent to parents and teachers. Receive and collate payments for clubs and forward to the Bursar's Office.
- Prepare and distribute End of Term packs.
- Assist with arrangements for sporting fixtures, to include booking buses, updating the calendar and e-calendar, preparing pupil lists, letters and other communications to parents, and collating pupil replies.
- Distribution of all information, teaching and non-teaching, throughout the School.
- Complete morning and afternoon registration. Follow up on unexplained absences. Run daily absence report and maintain records.
- Notify the Bursar's office daily of any staff absences and arrange supply staff cover as required.
- Recording of the school roll, informing the Bursar's Office and Head of Admissions of any changes as they happen.
- Enter pupils' details onto ISAMS, maintain records and update pupil files (manually and electronically), in particular details of pupils with more than one parental location, and details of arrangements for collecting pupils.
- Maintain accurate e-mail address records on ISAMS to facilitate and generate e-mail communication to parents as required.
- Ensure all pupil files and information are passed on to the Senior Schools' office as pupils transfer from Year 6 to Year 7, or to another educational establishment.
- Place all school orders for stationery and teaching materials in line with budget allowed, ensuring orders are combined and discounts obtained where possible.
- Receive deliveries, liaise with caretaker and distribute orders.
- Order bags and bottles for sale to parents.
- Liaise with the Bursar's Office over Junior School pupils using the Schools' bus services and minibus shuttle arrangement. Ensure any changes to usage by pupils are notified straightaway to the Bursar's Office.
- Liaise with the Kitchen Manager and kitchen staff regarding catering requirements for parents' evenings, performances and other events and ensure all catering requests are approved and submitted within required timescales.
- Maintaining Breakfast and After School Care records: collating forms daily; providing lists to Breakfast and After School Club staff, Kitchen Manager, Class Teachers and Bursar's Office.
- Receiving and collating monies for photographs, trips, deposits etc and forwarding to Bursar's Office.
- Receive cash from DASPA Junior events, count and pass on to Bursar's Office.
- Passing authorised invoices on to Bursar's Office for payment.
- Maintain and monitor petty cash float; log receipts and reimburse monies up to £25. Count and balance petty cash weekly.
- All cash/cheques to be stored securely in the safe within the School office at all times.
- Undertake annual safeguarding training and adhere to Schools' safeguarding procedures.
- Ensure all visitors, contractors and agency staff are signed in and given the visitors' leaflet which includes information on safeguarding.
- Ensure agency staff and contractors have appropriate paperwork in place, proof of ID is checked, and they are supervised as necessary according to status. Liaise with Office Manager or HR Manager where necessary.
- Ensure staff are aware that visitors are to be accompanied at all times whilst on site.
Health and Safety:
- Provide emergency first aid (training will be given as necessary) as and when required, using the First Aid bag provided and contacting the School's nurse for assistance as required.
- Comply with Health, Safety, and Hygiene Regulations as laid down within the Schools' policies
- Assist with the maintenance of the Fire Registers, undertake the role of a fire warden and attend training as required.
- Report any maintenance needs, identified defects or other potential hazards to the Bursar's Office and Junior School Caretaker / Estates Manager.
- Liaise with the Bursar's Office and Estates Manager about cleaners, any issues arising and any required changes to hours of cleaning hours due to school events.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.