Role - Recruitment/HR Service Manager
Location - London including travel to various client sites where applicable
The Employed Consultant Model currently provides permanently employed and fixed term employees to a range of locations throughout the UK.
The Service Manager will support the Client Solutions Manager with the candidate qualification and screening process, be responsible for the onboarding and induction of new starters, engagement and retention of employees within a range of assignments and programmes across a variety of clients throughout the UK. The Service Manager will also lead on innovation workstreams to deliver continuous service improvement and value to the client.
- Arrange and complete any inductions face to face within first 2 weeks of employment.
- Handle, answer or escalate to team members any queries raised in relation to contracts, employment terms, login details for timesheets, benefits, bank details etc and ensure the EC has login details & can access the Connexus portal.
Employee Performance & Career Development
- Overall management of employee performance, implementing a structured review process with both employee and Client Line Manager.
- Ensure involvement of ECs on group initiatives.
- Manage ECs career frameworks to promote and develop their skills, supporting them in their personal development.
- Manage all EC terminations and performance grievances in conjunction with the Client Hiring Manager.
- Working in conjunction with EC Account Team, Client Account Teams (on or off site), HR and Legal to communicate face to face regularly with the ECs to ensure transparent, fair and consistent people management.
- Maintaining a process to ensure structured and regular contact through face to face meetings, email or telephone with the EC throughout their employment - initial screening, pre-employment checks, on-boarding, induction and ongoing engagement during their assignment & between assignments, if applicable.
- Communicate all company information, policy changes etc to all ECs either verbally or via email announcements.
- Ability to build a strong rapport with ECs and demonstrate confidence & capability in client meetings.
- Uses highly developed communication skills to control negotiations and persuade critics.
- Ensures that the ECM programme is communicated clearly to the Client Hiring Managers and that they are aware that their 'temporary' resource onsite is an Employed Consultant.
- Consistently support & drive continual evolution & improvement of the engagement model including but not limited to developing new strategies to reduce attrition levels and resignations through continued review of EC satisfaction reviews, face to face communication and EC forums.
- Manage and reduce any conversions of EC to contractor, by developing good relationships with the Client Hiring Manager & the EC, escalating issues where necessary.
- Review, analyse and assess salary increases for ECs, providing a business case to support any such increase requests.
Client Service Management
- Escalation point for Hiring Managers to discuss issues or requests involving the ECs on assignment.
- Maintaining strong relationships with the Client Hiring Managers to ensure ongoing delivery of a high quality service in all EC programmes.
- Ensuring regular reviews are conducted for individual ECs and the service or programme(s) overall.
EC Aftercare Service
- Ensure the service the ECs receive from HR, payroll, queries is running effectively, highlighting any issues & actively contribute to the continual service evolution.
- Support & drive the quarterly EC satisfaction surveys and contribute to the analysis & review of trends and issues to shape new innovation, strategy or process to drive high scores.
- Manage finishers list and extensions in a timely fashion to allow the best chance of redeployment where appropriate. As a minimum this should begin 8 weeks prior to end date. Evaluate the status of each EC at the 6 week point & instigate the re-deployment process if applicable.
- Working with the delivery team and EC Account Managers to manage the re-deployment process and where necessary redundancy consultation process with assistance from Group HR.
- Prepare weekly report on all finishers, pending extensions, consultants going through consultation and estimated exit costs.
- Ability to influence through communication.
- Highly competent people management skills.
- Strong rapport building, networking and negotiation skills.
- Experience of presenting, carrying out inductions, communicating face to face with candidates and clients.
- Full recruitment life cycle experience.
- Excel spreadsheets.
- Ability to project manage & prioritise tasks according to business need & varying demands.
- Flexibility to travel to all UK clients combined with strong diary management.