We have a great opportunity to join our highly flexible and skilled team working for the World's most advanced and sustainable manufacturing plant of its kind.
As a Quality Technician you will be responsible for carrying out the appropriate quality checks and batch corrections according to schedule using agreed standard procedures and improving quality assurance standards by auditing processes and procedures to ensure compliance with operational standards and identifying opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Actively participate in HSE&S, Sustainability and Quality activities.
- Has a sound knowledge of systems and procedures and carries out all work in a safe manner with regards to oneself and others, reporting any issues via appropriate system.
- Communicates and engages with Process Operators on results of quality checks and audits to ensure smooth flow of manufacturing and transfer of knowledge for continuous improvement.
- Supports Quality Manager and Quality Leader in maintaining Quality systems and procedures to achieve all accredited standards appropriate for the operation.
- Ensures delivery of leading levels of quality performance indicators using pro-active quality assurance approach, thorough investigation of root cause driving sustainable improvement practices.
- Supports, coaches and trains the workforce on quality control testing and correction procedures and product knowledge to deliver results and continuously stretches personal performance and skills.
- Actively engages in Quality Improvement programmes across the site, and adopts best practices into daily, weekly, monthly standard work routine.
- Reports all QC metrics and identifies trends and reports so that the necessary product or process amendments can be made.
- Work to agreed and documented standard operating procedures to ensure world class safety and quality are maintained at all times.
- Develop and write Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) based on risk assessment of the task or activity.
- Contribute actively towards site environmental management improvement by resource efficient behaviours including adherence to site waste management and segregation procedures.
- Report any failings and deficiencies in HSE&S, quality and sustainability systems or processes.
- Remind and correct work colleagues when failing to work to agreed methods and standards and positively encourage safety, quality and sustainability behaviours.
- Use 'HSEQ Interactions' to highlight unsafe acts and conditions.
- Actively participate in HSE&S, quality and sustainability risk reduction programmes.
- Help ensure safety of oneself and others by keeping workplace clean and obstacle free.
- Be respectful towards the community inside and outside the site gates at all times and contribute to "An Inspiring Colourful Community culture
If you are interested in the above vacancy and feel you have the right qualities, skills and attitude, then please forward your CV
Or Ring 0191 2320012 and ask for Emma or Andrea