Shields Rd, Newcastle upon Tyne
£200 per day
6 months - ongoing contract
I am recruiting for an operations accountant based in Newcastle Upon Tyne . The operations accountant is a supporting role to the Finance Business Partner, to provide management reporting & financial control of operations cost centres.
POSITION IN ORGANISATION
- Reports to the Operations Finance Business Partner
- Interface with Finance and Commercial community (Newcastle/other sites), Operations, Engineering, Projects and Contract Management Teams.
- Assist the business partner in the preparation of monthly management reporting of financials in facility, field service & engineering teams to head of engineering, head of steam & head of gas managers.
- Produce cost centre reporting & control to individual facility & engineering departmental managers.
- Assist the Ops Finance Business Partner in the monthly operations workload review & associated forecasting of recovery & costs.
- Monthly analysis & reporting of utilisation statistics to enable & support optimum use of fixed cost labour base.
- Support the business in the creation of the Annual budget preparation for all operational cost centres
- Fixed asset acquisition business case preparation including payback/NPV calculations; monthly review of assets under construction & timely capitalisation.
- Perform quarterly fixed asset SOX controls
- Monthly stock control processes & associated SOX controls
- Deliver adhoc reporting requirements & initiate & own projects which support lean initiatives
- Promotes and supports compliance culture within business
- Responsible for providing accurate analysis on business performance
- Preferably part way or through gaining a formal, recognised, finance qualification - e.g. CIMA, ACA or qualified by experience.
- Minimum 2 years in a similar function within a finance department.
- Strong finance background, with exposure to management accounts and cost accounting.
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Ability to build strong working relations with non-financial staff
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy