Our client within public sector is looking for a Major Projects Officer to join their Resident Services division based in Hounslow. The role is offered on a 6 months contract basis paying £22.39/hour PAYE or £28.98/hour (umbrella/inside IR35), working 36 hours per week Mon to Friday.
The role holder reports into the Investment Planning Manager. The purpose and key responsibilities in brief are:
- To co-ordinate, develop and deliver the Capital Works and investment programmes for Council's housing stock ensuring these are based on sound stock condition data
- To develop service specification programmes for the commissioning of services to be carried out by external service providers.
- To manage all facets of project management (budget, schedule, procurement, quality & risk) for identified housing capital projects including planning, design and construction.
- To read, understand and apply standard to complex documents affecting housing capital projects, including but not limited to: agreements / contracts, specifications, tender documentation, project charters, surveys and drawings
- Contributes to strategic planning of corporate strategies including Local Plan, HRA Business Plan and Housing Strategy in order to inform strategic planning and decision making within Hounslow Housing.
Required Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience of developing strategic investment Asset management and programme plans for delivery.
- Experience of working in a building or housing environment.
- Experience of delivering small and large construction projects - from conception through to completion.
- Experience of accessing external funding streams.
- Experience of procurement/contract preparation, documentation and management.
- Knowledge of the implications of the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations.
- Knowledge and experience of consultation with residents, leaseholders, contractors and other agencies. Knowledge of Section 20 and leaseholder services.
- Knowledge of the Planning process and public sector procurement
- Knowledge of budget management including allocation of funds and monitoring.
- Experience of commissioning services including contract and client management
- Advanced knowledge and experience in IT including use of Excel, databases, information management tools, Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project.
- Programme and project management skills.
Degree qualification or equivalent experience
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy