Lewes County Hall, BN7 1UE
We are looking to recruit a paralegal with civil litigation, liability claims experience.
Anyone who also has housing claims experience would be a preferred candidate although this is not essential.
* To support and assist fee earners in the preparation and conduct of a full range of routine and complex case work and to provide support in relation to the provision of legal advice.
* To carry a caseload with the minimum of supervision.
* To provide a high quality legal service to client departments to enable them to implement decisions within the law and to protect the County Council against prosecution and challenge.
1. Provide legal and administrative support to the lawyers working in the team.
2. To advise client departments of legal and other consequences of proposed courses of action.
3. To undertake casework as required; particular areas of law may be assigned to the post but it is essential that the post holder should be able and willing to carry out a variety of legal work.
4. To be aware of and adhere to the County Council's health and safety policies, procedures and to adhere to the County Council's commitment to equal opportunities.
5. To participate in the development of quality systems for Legal Services and in particular the retention of accreditation under Investors in People and the Law Society's Practice Management Standards (Lexcel).
6. To undertake any other duties commensurate with the grading of the post as deemed necessary by the Senior Solicitor.
Key Skills & Abilities
* The ability to provide prompt and accurate legal advice
* The ability to analyse facts, research law and apply it
* Ability to prioritise work according to importance and urgency
* The ability to communicate clearly and effectively with a diverse range of people and organisations both orally and in writing
* [Drafting skills]
* Organised and methodical approach to work.
* Good understanding of Local Government practice and procedure.
* Knowledge of civil claims litigation law.
* Good IT skills
* Knowledge of democratic and political aspects of local government
* Local government experience.
* Experience of working in the field of civil claims litigation law in a local authority or private practice.
* Experience of working to Lexcel quality standards.
*Please be advised that only successful candidates will be contacted*
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
Posted 3 weeks ago
Up to £11.25 per hour