Manpower UK Ltd have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Health and Safety Advisor to work for the UK's leading technology innovation and research centre for offshore wind, wave and tidal energy at their world class facility in Blyth
As HSE Advisor reporting to the HSE Manager you will be given the exposure and autonomy to make a difference.
What will the role involve?
- Working with departmental heads to develop and maintain procedures / SSOW for high-risk activities
- Investigating accidents, incidents and near-misses, identifying root causes and corrective actions to prevent recurrences.
- You will be responsible for DSE Assessments; COSHH Assessments - Sypol Database; Management of PPE, facilitation of HSE Inductions; HSE Training; HSE internal audits and coordination of HSE contractors / consultants
- You will also deputise for the HSE Manager on occasions
To be considered for this role
- It is essential that you have a NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety or NVQ level 6 in Health and Safety or NCRQ Diploma in Applied Health and Safety
- You will have worked this type of role within a heavy engineering or similar environment previously
- A Lead or internal auditor qualification for ISO45001 and 14001 and a qualification in Environmental Management, would be advantageous but not essential
This role also requires you to have
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent prioritisation and self-organisation abilities
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
- The ability to both lead and be a team member as the circumstances dictate
An excellent remuneration package is offered which includes attractive basic salary, pension, bonus, and subsidised health care saving scheme
To take the first step in securing this fantastic position apply today …..