Our client within public sector is looking for Head of Asset Management to join their team based in Tower Hamlets. The role is offered on a contract basis until April 2020, paying £450/day (umbrella rate/ Inside IR35), working 35 hours per week.
The role reports into the Divisional Director Property & Major Programmes and responsible for managing asset managers, surveyors, residential acquisition and business support teams. The Head of Asset Management will be responsible for:
- Leadership and strategic management of the Asset Management Team within the Property and Major Programmes Division of the Place Directorate.
- Provide corporate advice on all strategic asset management and development matters that supports the regeneration of the borough through public and private sector redevelopment.
- Contribute to the Council's regeneration initiatives including input to all aspects of the development of proposals covering the borough, and as necessary cross borough and London wide.
- Provide valuation and commercial estate management services on behalf of all directorates of the Council to ensure a cost effective service to manage the Council's £1bn asset portfolio.
- Acquire new assets and dispose of assets surplus to the Council's Requirements
- Lead the Council's accommodation planning and strategy formulation
- Provide a strategic intelligent Corporate Landlord function.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Must be a Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, specialising in valuation, development or property management.
- Significant experience of managing an Asset management service within an inner city environment.
- An understanding of the major challenges and opportunities facing local government in relation to asset management
- Extensive experience of managing staff within a performance management framework
- Experience of building and maintaining positive working relationships
- Experience of managing external providers of professional services
- Experience of financial management, budget monitoring and control
- Must have good working knowledge of IT systems, including MS Office, MS Project and dedicated Asset Management programs.
- To be able to work evenings and weekends with appropriate notice.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy