We are recruiting for our Heavy Engineering client in Bredbury for a General production Operative.
You will be required to perform an array of functions that may include receiving and processing incoming stock and materials, picking and filling orders from stock, packing and shipping orders, or managing, organizing and retrieving stock in the warehouse.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Assist shipping and receiving unloading trucks and checking in merchandise
* Prepares orders by processing requests and supply orders; pulling materials; packing boxes; placing orders in delivery area
* Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to organizational standards
* Open bales, crates and other containers
* Maintains inventory controls by collecting stock location orders, printing request, recording amounts of materials or items received or distributed through a computer. May also assist in counting of physical inventory
* Prepare boxes for shipping
* Maintains safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and work stations neat; Sweep, dust and mop. Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times
* Wear the proper safety equipment
* Due to some of the physical aspects of the job you would frequently be required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and occasionally lift/move objects
* Excellent attention to detail.
* Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work effectively with peers.
* Excellent written and verbal skills.
* Excellent organisational skills.
* Self-starter, confident with a positive 'can do' attitude and work ethic
* Comfortable in a problem solving and decision-making environment
* Dependable and Reliable
* Previous warehouse experience preferred
* Inventory, Equipment maintenance, data entry and computer skills preferred
* Forklift license preferred