Electrical & Instrumentation Technician - Sunderland - £31k (Day shift)
Do you possess CompEx, 17th edition as a minimum and have experience with top tier CoMAH regulations?
The Electrical & Instrumentation technician will possess a comprehensive range of electrical and instrumentation knowledge with suitable experience for both trouble shooting and installation work. The ideal candidate will possess qualifications in hazardous area working (CompEx) and ideally within the wiring regulations (17th/18th edition). Experience and knowledge gained working within top tier CoMAH regulations including corresponding environmental, health and safety legislative requirements are fundamental to this role.
- To ensure all duties and assigned activities are carried out in compliance with statutory legal requirements and the company's quality, health & safety and environmental policies
- Promote a positive health and safety culture by sustaining good housekeeping standards, wearing correct PPE, reporting any observed near misses and isolating any unsafe situations
- Completion of daily work to suitable standards using CMMS job sheets for routine maintenance, calibration and testing of the site equipment ensuring correct completion of jobs
- Ensure that appropriate repairs and routine maintenance requirements are identified and undertaken as necessary to maintain plant availability and efficiency
- Responsible for the installation, inspection, maintenance and repair of all relevant electrical equipment and instrumentation, ensuring all work undertaken to the highest standards and within required timescales
- Ensure that all equipment defects and alarms are reported and that they are appropriately handled ensuring unsafe all items are suitably isolated and communicated
- Ensure all waste generated on site is disposed of efficiently in line with current legislation whilst maintaining
- Support engineering department to flexibly respond to business needs through performing additional tasks including basic mechanical tasks, forklift driving etc. in accordance with competencies and departmental requirements
Don't delay, apply today!