Our client is currently recruiting for a team leader to join there Customer Service Department.
- To be part of the Accommodation Centre Team providing a professional, efficient and effective service in handling all aspects of processing applications/allocations/maintenance requests for approx.
- Providing day to day supervision of the Customer Service Advisors and temporary staff.
- Providing guidance to your team to ensure all queries are resolved within the agreed Service Level Agreements.
- The Customer Service Team is responsible for supporting the front facing contacts (email, online chat, counter and telephone) and associated administration support within the Accommodation Centre Team.
- To supervise and contribute to the daily operation in relation to enquiries (email, online chat, counter and telephone) that originate in or are directed to the Accommodation Centre, 'chipping in' with the work load when required.
Planning and Organising Resources
- This is a multi-tasking role and the Customer Service Team Leader is expected to work unsupervised ensuring the effective delivery of the front of house service whilst adopting a Customer First attitude
- Assist the Accommodation Centre Management Team in coordinating resource and work-flow requirements in order to ensure the service delivers an exceptional and consistent service standard throughout the year
- Co-ordinate a large and variable daily workload, delegating tasks, monitoring performance and re-prioritising where necessary. coordinating emails, online chat, counter and telephone contacts.
- Co-ordinate, create, monitor and adapt the Customer Service Team rotas ensuring peak periods and identifying gaps in short term resource planning
Support and Service Delivery
- Ensuring that accurate and timely information is provided to our customers while maintaining a professional and efficient service. Provide day to day support for the Customer Service Advisors, Assistants and temporary staff. Ensuring the Customer Service Team provides a professional and welcoming reception service whilst adopting a Customer First attitude.
- Making decisions to resolve enquiries and applying own judgement on when to escalate to a senior member of the team for a timely and satisfactory solution. Producing case notes for more specific enquiries and suggestions for improvement to the service
- Day to day responsibility for ensuring the Accommodation Centre Customer Service Team deal with a high volume of contacts to the office whilst ensuring excellent customer care is provided and that queries/responses are recorded using in-house software and within SLA's
- Day to day responsibility for ensuring that complaints from a variety of customers are promptly acknowledged and are dealt with using tact and diplomacy, escalating to the Accommodation Centre Management Team where necessary
- Support the Accommodation Centre Management Team with implementing operational changes, utilising best practice and new technologies and tailoring services offered to meet the changing needs of our customers.
- Supervise the Customer Service Team ensuring that appropriate methods of communication are used and handled, when required, with the correct level of sensitivity
- Ensuring the Accommodation Centre Customer Service Team are up to date and trained on relevant procedures and policies
- Manage the production and publication of customer focused documentation and online Question and Answer Centre
- Day to day responsibility for ensuring administrative tasks within the Accommodation Centre Customer Service Team are processed, including filing documentation, PC set-up, conduct letters, raising orders, processing fines and payments
- Day to day responsibility for ensuring the reception security is monitored and that Customer Service Team follow the key issue responsibility procedures at all times
- To recruit and arrange training for summer staff
Team Work and Motivation
- Support and identify Customer Service Team training requirements, delivering and participating with training sessions where necessary in order that service performance and personal development objectives are met
- Directly line manage Customer Service Team staff carrying out weekly one to ones
- Support and attend meetings
- Be prepared on a few occasions during busy operational periods to work outside normal office working hours.
- Be prepared to forego annual leave during peak operational periods (i.e.mid-June, mid-August to the end of September)
Continually review and develop procedures in line with the post and make recommendations to Managers and Supervisors for changes to gain improvement of efficiency.
- To carry out duties in a resource efficient way, minimising impacts to the environment wherever possible.
- To undertake other duties not specifically stated above, which from time to time are necessary for the effective performance of the service resources without altering the nature or level of responsibility involved.
- The post holder will be required to:
- Attend regular training sessions and demonstrate a commitment to continuing professional development to support the University and the department.
- Participate in the Accommodation Centre and Residence Operational Services action and business plans for retaining UK and Investors in People accreditation.
Please only apply for this role if you've read the above and have the necessary requirements which our client is looking for.
I look forward to hearing from you and thank you in advance.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy