Manpower are working in partnership with a leading technology innovation and research centre delivering the UK's largest clean growth to recruit a Control Systems Engineer.
Our client has locations across the UK and in China, working with industry and academia to identify, develop, prove and de-risk promising new technologies and bring them to market. Helping to reduce the cost of offshore renewable energy, supporting the growth of the industry and creating UK benefit.
As a Control Systems Engineer working for a leading technology innovation research and testing centre of excellence the role will involve
- Reviewing, on an ongoing basis the status of the control systems both hardware and software based within the Blyth site and report annually on the status within each individual facility and site wide including links and interfaces with ICT run support services.
- Leading in producing and delivering a development and implementation plan that addresses the future business obsolesce issues and necessary upgrading of our clients PLC/SCADA control systems.
- Providing technical leadership of the specialist engineering activities within the project, building and maintaining close working relationships with engineering and test teams to produce control systems and displays that are intuitive to work, informative and provide ease of operation.
- Tailoring systems to support both internal and external customer requirements as required. Integration with DAQ systems to ensure consistent data integrity, maintain test parameters and set alarms.
- Providing training, and ongoing support to allow key personnel to operate the installed systems with confidence.
- Building strong working relationships with the Test & Validation team, mitigating risks in all actions and operations related to equipment and facilities.
- Educated to at least degree level in a relevant discipline
- Chartered Engineer or equivalent
Experience and Skills
- You will have proven experience of working with PLC/SCADA control systems along with sound knowledge of electrical/mechanical generating plant and apparatus
- You will be motivated and strong team player - working individually, and across project teams Knowledge of and the application of good practice engineering design procedures and tools
- Advanced knowledge of Functional Safety Systems and Risk Management frameworks, IEC 61508, 61511, 62061, etc.
- Familiarity with advanced specialist engineering software in an inter-disciplinary project setting
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good understanding of H&S legislation
- Experience of working in ISO45001, ISO 14001, ISO 9001, ISO 17025 environments
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to be involved in innovative renewable energy testing and research