Job Title: Client Accounts Manager
Salary: Up to £35k pa
To ensure that all clients within your portfolio are effectively managed and to provide all accounting service that are in scheduled in the terms of our management agreement.
Key responsibilities and tasks:
- Assisting with the smooth running of the department by carrying out the duties of answering the main account telephone line and dealing with any queries or report request
- Replying to all internal and external emails in a timely manner
- Up-dating your Client portfolio year-end schedule daily
- Providing written up-date to either the Portfolio Director or Senior Accountants on a regular bases. (minimum requirement will be monthly)
- To assist the Block Manager with the preparation of the annual service charge budget and ten year maintenance plan for your clients. Once you have received the clients approval of the budget it your duty and responsible to ensure that the service charge application are processed and issued accurately and in accordance to the property leases.
Ground Rent demands (including Section 166 Notice)Other Rent Charges (e.g. Garage Charges)Service Charge Interest chargesSpecial Charges/LeviesYear-End balance recharges
You will need to issue the following other application for your portfolio of clients, when/if required:-
- Attending Client meetings as and when required
- Maintain regular check of your client funds and instructing any necessary transfers
- Checking coding and authorise of your client's supplier invoices on a daily bases.
- When necessary reconciling your client's individual bank accounts, including the posting of any bank interest or charges.
- Preparing any required monthly client reporting for your portfolio, these could be computer generated reports or bespoke excel reports.
- Preparing ground rent reports for Freeholders/Clients and requesting the transfer of funds due
- Reconciling and checking all Clients/Properties quarterly financial reports and balances. All reporting must be completed and issued to your Block Manager and Client with-in 14 days of the quarter end.
Year-End Procedures - Preparing Client's Year-End paperwork, including but not limited to:-
Checking all the Client's financial and non-financial reportsProducing an expenditure against budget reportBank reconciliationsReconciling the paid invoices against expenditure reportsReconciling Client's various bank & building society accountsPreparing schedules for creditors, accruals, prepayments and debtorsPreparing trial balance reports (if required)Preparing excel Year-End Income & Expenditure reports (if required)Preparing Section 20b Notices, as and when required
- Review of draft company and service charge accounts, before submission to Client for approval and ensuring that final accounts are filed (where necessary) with Companies House within deadlines.
- Preparing or arranging of any Trust and Corporation tax returns for your clients, ensuring that the signed final return has been filed within the require timeframe.
- To assist with the preparation of your portfolio of Client's employees P11d forms.
Professional skills, attributes and experience required
- Has a track record of success in a similar role within a block management company accounts department
- Has a full understanding of and is used to working under the regulatory framework the business operates in - i.e. ARMA-Q
- IT literate - Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and property management packages
- Clear and concise communication skills - in meetings, email, and by telephone.
- Self-motivated, so that they are able to keep to deadline and Client KPIs.
- Strong attention to detail.
- An effective team player who will work 'hands on' to ensure the business achieves its objectives.
Please be aware that we are currently receiving a high volume of applications and will endeavour to contact all applicants, however if you have not been contacted within 72hrs please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion and your CV will be kept on record for future positions. Office Angels is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: https://www.office-angels.com/candidate-privacy