Our client based in North Shields who are looking to recruit a strategic and driven Business Development Manager to help support their ambitious growth plans. The company requires an experienced Business Development Manager who can drive value within key accounts, whilst also developing new business opportunities.The ideal candidate will have knowledge on the construction/Building industry, also have experience in a sales or account management position and have a demonstrable record of winning new business and growing accounts.Key Responsibilities:
* To maintain effective communication, development and engagement at Branch Level
* To demonstrate a good working knowledge of market conditions and trends
* To achieve planned sales and contributions by developing trading with target accounts, both new and existing
* To achieve and maintain agreed plans for sales and contributions by servicing existing accounts
* To develop sales by opening new trading accounts (within the credit control procedures), by use of pricing competitively for work, making use of trade leads and project tracking information.
* To achieve planned sales and contributions by servicing national accounts within defined area, utilising existing trading arrangements to ensure maximum return
* To develop sales by promoting new products to appropriate client base
* To develop sales by cross-selling a range of relevant products, to new and existing accounts
* To plan sales activities effectively, making the most use of project tracking and leads and journey planning
* To plan product promotions with suppliers to achieve sales targets
* To maintain personal prices lists, ensuring possession of full and current set
* Maintain and develop excellent product knowledge of relevant products
* Completion of weekly sales reports/ KPI's for Line Manager
* To issue price quotations in response to enquiries, and to price tender documents in accordance with current policies.
* To offer credit facilities to prospective customers, observing the credit control procedures.
* To take heed of credit control disciplines in the course of all transactions, with particular regard to credit limits and to accounts on suspension.
* Ensure you are familiar with health and safety rules and regulations, and that your responsibilities as an employee, in respect of health and safety, are carried out in full.
* Any other duty reasonably requested by management.
This list is not exhaustive, and may be subject to local variation
Customer focused, good communication and negotiation, results driven, team player, detail conscious, personable, business focused, resilient, autonomous.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
Posted 1 month ago
Newcastle Upon Tyne
£38000.00 - £40000.00 per annum